Quartz countertops are mainly man-made engineered stone countertops. This stone is formed mainly by combining around a maximum amount of ground quartz as well as small amounts of polymers, resins, as well as pigments. This mainly forms a very hard granite-like surface. Some of the important facts for quartz table top have been discussed in this article.
Top benefits to knowing about quartz table tops
Below are some of the important benefits of using the quartz table tops:
- Quartz is mainly non-porous which makes the tabletop stain resistant. This implies that as long as liquids are being wiped away soon after a spill, there must not be any concern. Natural stones like granite, are mainly porous, and mainly absorb liquids and moisture.
- The quartz tabletops mainly require low maintenance. Any spills on these tables can be quickly wiped up. So there is no need for scrubbing, poultices, or this does not require any special cleansers.
- The table tops made up of quartz are mainly strong and durable. One can use the quartz countertop for all their kitchen needs. This material is also heat resistant.
- One of the top benefits someone is going to receive from the quartz tabletop is the many available choices. Quartz mainly comes in an incredibly wide range of colors as well as patterns.
Maintenance tips for the quartz table tops
As mentioned earlier, quartz is mainly durable as well as long-lasting. But one must not think that this is an indestructible material. But one must avoid these below mistakes to get the best returns from their quartz table tops:
- One must not apply strong chemicals as they might engrave the quartz surface.
- It is not at all advisable to use abrasive scrubbers.
- The stains left by the permanent markers or pens mainly cause staining and are not easy to remove.
- One must not use bleach or any oil-based soaps on the quartz table tops.
- The user must not put hot plates, pans, crock pots, directly on the surface of quartz table tops. It is necessary to use hot pads or heat insulating stands instead.
- If someone is using the quartz top in their kitchen, then they must avoid cutting vegetables directly on their quartz tabletop.
More importantly, one can get them in any shape or size for the custom space requirements of the dining area.
These are some of the important facts to know about quartz table tops.