Balance bikes have become a very popular choice for parents who are looking to get their children into cycling. They provide all of the benefits that you would expect from a good bike but without any of the dangers since it’s only upon reaching about 12 years old that kids should be riding around on pedal-powered machines. The other great thing about balance bikes is that they are suitable for younger children, meaning your child can grow with their bike rather than having to change it every time they grow another inch or two. This guide will go over some of the top benefits of wooden balance bikes, in particular, so read on to find out more.
Best Benefits Of Wooden Balance Bike
Here are just some of the benefits you can expect from buying your child a wooden balance bike:
- They are extremely durable – unlike many other bikes, which can easily be damaged, wooden balance bike is built to last. This means that you won’t have to worry about your child damaging it and that it can be passed down to siblings or friends once your child has outgrown it.
- They are environmentally friendly – unlike metal or plastic balance bikes, wooden ones are made entirely of sustainable materials. This means that not only is your child helping the environment by riding around on a wooden balance bike, but you can also feel good about yourself for choosing one.
- They provide a great workout – as your child progresses and starts to pedal the bike, they will start to get a great workout from it. This is a great bonus for your child as they won’t even notice the difference.
- They are suitable for very young children – wooden balance bike provide a comfortable ride for children as young as 18 months old, meaning it’s something that can grow with your child through their early years and not have to be replaced every time they get a bit bigger.
- Their design is inspired by nature – unlike many other types of balance bikes, which are designed to look like motorbikes or scooters, wooden balance bike take their design inspiration from nature itself. The result is a stylish bike that looks great whilst also being eco-friendly too.
- They come in various designs – there are so many different styles of wooden balance bikes that you are pretty much guaranteed to find something which suits your child. Whether they prefer racing cars, animals, or simply plain wood, there is a balance bike for everyone
The wooden material not only makes the bikes durable but gives them their own unique style too. We would definitely recommend these ones if you’re looking for something simple yet stylish.